The rainbow mountain or 7 color mountain
CODE : ZTK1C
A fantastic day tour (with trekking) to the 7 Color mountain, through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes. Start from cusco
The Rainbow Mountain, offers a remote landscape experience immersing you with living local culture and a unique wildlife only found in these high altitude places.
The Rainbow Mountain, also known as the Vinicunca is a undiscovered land full of wildly desert landscapes, snow capped glaciated peaks, herds of alpacas, and pristine beauty. This hike gets you to experience summiting a mountain over 5,100 m
We operate in small groups from 6 to 15 persons in Sprinter( or in private tours)
Close to “Ausangate mountain “, This is considered a holy mountain (or mountain spirit) by local Peruvians. (6,385 m / 20,945 ft), the highest mountain in the Cusco region. The area is inhabited by traditional Andean people or Quechuas. It,s a very good chance to observe the real country life in Peru.
This route will take you through stunning landscapes with glaciers, snow capped mountains, and crystal clear rivers and lakes. Pass by local villages and explore the breathtaking surrounding nature with llamas and alpacas. The colors of the Rainbow Mountain are amazing!
- Bilingual guide.
- Small groups MIN 2 PAX — MAX 16 PAX.
- Transport to and from your hotel in cusco.
- Breakfast and Lunch in a local community home.
- First aid kit (including a small oxygen tank).
- Entrance fee (10 soles to the community – subject to change).
Not Included :
- Entrance fee (10 soles to the red color mountain- optional)
- Horseback available upon request
- Travel /Health / Emergency insurance
- Trekking poles – you can rent them from us
What you need to bring :
- Original passport
- Rain jacket / poncho/ Long sleeve shirt
- Trekking footwear
- Winter hat and gloves
- Rain pants
- Head Torch
- Sun block, factor 35+ recommended
- Sunglasses and sun hat
- Camera with spare batteries – batteries run down faster at high altitudes
- Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents, can be rented from us)
- This tour is involves at least 10 Km trekking so you should be reasonably fit !
- Starting / minimum altitude: 4450 m
- Maximum altitude: 5,035 m
- This is a challenging day of hiking. Spend some time in Cusco to acclimate (we recommend 3 days in Cusco or similar elevation). The hike takes place over 4500m (15,000ft) and is about 10 kilometers in length , with an elevation gain of 685m (2250ft). The main reason this trek is difficult is because of the elevation. The terrain is a gradual climb and you are walking in a wide valley for the majority of the trek.
- Level : Challenging
- Keep in mind that colors are only strong on sunny days!
- There is a requirement of a minimum of 2 people to confirm this tour but it is usually confirmed everyday as it is popular.
What do we need when you make a reservation?
- Full name as it is written in your passport.* Scanned copy of your passport.
- Departing date
- We ask for a 40% deposit, sending to us via visa or Pay Pall online through this website:+5,5 % or Wetravel 4,5 % (cost credit cards charge us) The balance you will pay at our office in Cusco before the start of the trek. We accept cash USD or credit card (+5,5%)
DepartureRuins. Puno, Perú | Altitude: 2050 – 4200 m.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hat and light jacket.
Full Day :