Sadiri Jungle Lodge, Bird Watchers Madidi, Rurenabaque 4 Days
CODE : JNG029
4 days program Sadiri lodge in the Bolivian jungle. Perfect for bird watchers and Ornithology
The best quality lodge in the Bolivian jungle
Protecting an extension of land of approximately 34,000 ha in Madidi National park, found at 900 m.a.s.l, Sadiri Lodge is strategically placed on the Sadiri Mountain Rainforest. The Word S’hadiri in the original Tacana language means “place of rest” and it is true to its name. Located in the middle of the Amazon it has a pleasant climate, with few bees or mosquitoes to bother you, and with spectacular views that transports you into a unique state of relaxation. To add to this you can wander on the trails and around the lodge with the possibility of sighting animals such as mammals, reptiles, spiders, amphibians and a world of multi-colored insects. There is a great diversity of birds with more than 430 species, such as the Military Macaw (Ara militaris), 9 species of owls including the Subtropical-pygmy-Owl, colorful tanagers such as the Paradise tanager, the endemic Yungas Tyrannulet (Phyllomyias weedeni), and the tiny Festive Coquette hummingbird amongst others. Sadiri Lodge can combine the interests of its guests to put together a custom program of activities.
Visitors could suggest what activities to do according to their individual interests and planning in coordination with our staff. Walks and routes are not subject to a strictly fixed itinerary.
- We work with small groups keeping your satisfaction and an environmental care in mind.
- We currently have 6 cabins, each one equipped with 2 comfortable beds for any height (2.30mt)
- private bathroom and hot showers in all cabins
- 24 h electricity
- We have extensive forest knowledge and experience because it´s were we born and live in.
- We offer you diverse opportunities to come to know the Bolivian Amazon, one of the most pristine and best preserved forests in South America and the world.
- The cabin and dining accommodations are of Quechua-Tacana traditional culture and style and have electricity that allows for recharging of electrical and electronic equipment.
- We have vehicles available for emergency transportation to the nearest health center 20 minutes away from Sadiri to Tumupasa.
- Provision of a qualified staff at your service at whichever time enjoying nature suits your interests.
- We provide you with rubber boots and rain poncho when necessary.
If you have to take a flight leaving that same day, it may be necessary for you to eat lunch earlier, or leave after lunch, depending on the time of your flight. Make sure to inform the team in Rurrenabaque.
List of possible activities (please ask for availability) :
- Bird watching
- Forest jungle walks
- River bath
- Boat ride
- Local indigenous culture walks and talks
- Animal and botanic species identification
- Visit to the San Jose de Uchupiamonas communit
PACKAGES INCLUDE :
- Transfer in / out (Airport – Rurrenabaque – Airport).
- Transportation in comfortable air-conditioned vehicles from Rurrenabaque to Sadiri Lodge (In / Out).
- Service of bilingual native guides (English-Spanish) specialized in bird watching, forest interpretation, history and Uchupiamonas culture.
- Accommodation in comfortable private cabins in a traditional style of the Amazon region, each one equipped with two beds designed and suitable for all statures (semi-orthopedic mattresses 1.17 wide and 2.30 m long), 12 comfortable beds in total (being able to add 1 extra bed in a room).
- Private bathrooms equipped with hot water by gas water heater.
- Complete meals during your stay at Sadiri Lodge (B, L, C). A fusion of our traditional local and international food, with organic and healthy products to delight your vegetarian or non-vegetarian food preferences.
- Natural bottled water during your stay at Sadiri Lodge, walks and in your room for tooth brushing (we use bottles to refill your first bottle that will be provided before the trip).
- Electricity 24 hrs.
- Snack service during the trip, walks, and provision in the dining room.
- Different guided activities in the area of the Tourist Refuge in the Territory of the San José de Uchupiamonas Indigenous People.
THE PACKAGES DO NOT INCLUDE :
- Air / land tickets to get to Rurrenabaque.
- Entrance to the Madidi National Park that has a cost of Bs 200, which is a direct administration charge from SERNAP.
- Soft drinks or alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry service.
- Hotel and meals during your stay in Rurrenabaque.
- Tips to the staff composed entirely of Uchupiamonas community members.
- Other services that are not considered in the package.
DepartureRuins. Puno, Perú | Altitude: 2050 – 4200 m.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hat and light jacket.
Day 1 :
Day 2 :
Day 3 :
Day 4 :