New: Salkantay trek via Inca trail to Machu picchu 4 days
CODE : ZTK5C
Salkantay Trek via Inca Trail 4D/3N to Machu Picchu
In 2020 only in Private
NEW in 2021 in shared tour from 4 Pers
This is a unique version of the Classic Salkantay Trek. The first two days follow one of the common Salkantay trails, but on the 3rd day, we depart the Salkantay trails to enjoy a less trodden path that connects with the Classic Inca Trail. You even get the opportunity to walk a portion of the Classic Inca Trail on the 3rd day.
The Salkantay Trek is named Salkantay Mountain (6,271 m / 20,574 feet). This Sacred Mountain is higher than any mountain in North America. On the Salkantay trek you will see gorgeous blue lakes, stunning glaciers, cloud forest and rain-forest. The last portion of this particular trek has the ecosystem more typical of the Inca Trail with lush green vegetation and many archeological sites . This trek is a great blend of the two very popular hikes, with an incomparable variety of flora and fauna.
The trek includes two nights of camping and one night in a hotel in Aguas Calientes. It also includes the day 3 train ride from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes, dinner at the restaurant in Aguas Calientes, horses to carry 7 kg of your personal gear and your permit to hike Huayna Picchu mountain.
Day 1 – Cusco – Soraypampa – Ichupata
Day 2 – Ichupata – Incachiriasca – Pampacahuana
Day 3 – Pampacahuana – Paucarcancha – Huayllabamba – KM 82 – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
Day 4 – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
You will have a thorough briefing with your guide 1 or 2 days before your trek. Your guide will meet you at our office in Cusco and you can take this opportunity to ask questions and make any final preparations.
- Bilingual English speaking tour guide
- Pre-Departure Briefing at your hotel 1 or 2 days before your trek
- Pick up from your hotel and transportation to Soraypampa
- Quad tent for every 2 passengers.
- Inflatable Mattress
- Kitchen tent
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Toilet tent
- Professional chef and assistant chef
- Porters and horses to carry all the equipment (food, tents, chairs, table, etc) and 6kg (15 lbs) per hiker for your own belongings
- Duffel bag
- Emergency horse in case we need it
- Four breakfasts, three lunches, and three dinners
- Twice-daily hot water for washing.
- Daily morning boiled and cold water to fill the water bottles.
- Train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo or Poroy
- Private van transportation from Ollantaytambo or Poroy to your hotel in Cusco
- Emergency oxygen bottle, medical kit and emergency satellite radio
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Ticket for Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Round Trip Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu on Day 4
- Lodging in Aguas Calientes on night 3 of the trek (double occupancy)Dinner in Aguas Calientes on Night 3
Not Included :
- Sleeping bag – you can rent one from us
- Walking sticks – you can rent from us
- Day 4 Lunch in Aguas Calientes
- Tips for the crew (guides, porters, cooks, horseman )
What do we need when you make a reservation?
- Full name as it is written in your passport.
- Scanned copy of your passport.
- Departing date for the trail.
- We ask for a 40% deposit, sending to us via visa or Pay Pall online through this website:+5,5 % or Wetravel 4,5 % (cost credit cards charge us) The balance you will pay at our office in Cusco before the start of the trek. We accept cash USD or credit card (+5,5%)
What you should bring :
- Original passport (if you have acquired a new one after you made your booking, bring both)
- Synthetic or feather sleeping bag (can be rented from us)
- Clothes (trekking boots, warm jacket, a few t-shirts, socks, sun hat, warm underwear, light long pants, gloves, rain jacket)
- Toiletries (toilet paper, personal towel)
- Sunscreen SPF 35+ recommended
- Camera with spare batteries (batteries run down faster at high altitudes)
- Trekking poles (recommended especially for the steep descents (can be rented from us)
- Insect repellent (minimum 30% DEET)
DepartureRuins. Puno, Perú | Altitude: 2050 – 4200 m.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hat and light jacket.
Day 1 :
Day 2 :
Day 3 :
Day 4 :